Old 25-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Joe Bloggs

Default Soft fruit for two

There's just one of me, and I've got :-

Blackberry (1)
Tayberry (3)
Loganberry (1)
Sunberry (1)
Blackcurrant (1)
Gooseberry (1)
Raspberries (ordinary and autumn)
Strawberries
Rhubarb
Apples (4)
Pear (1)

Just can't help myself. I got caught by the bug. Hoping to get cuttings of
Jostaberry and Worcesterberry from my Dad this year too.
What I can't eat immediately I jam or make chutney from, and I always seem to
have attentive friends during harvest time. It's very therapeutic watching them
flower and fruit, as is all gardening of course ! There's no better way to start
the day than wander round the garden early morning and eat strawberries covered
in dew. Plus a lot of this fruit you would never be able to buy from a
supermarket or whatever.
Enjoy !

Chris wrote:

I was thinking of, say, one each of: gooseberry; black currant; white
currant; red currant.
How big would the cage need to be?
And what varieties would you recommend?

In article , The Devil's Advocate
writes
You must have strawberries (1 doz plants?), raspberries (10 will soon make a
lot more), blackcurrants(6 plants) and loganberries (1 plant)

Chris ] wrote:
: Thinking about growing soft fruit.
: What to grow - varieties and how much (for two people)?
: Where in Lincolnshire could I look at some fruit cages to get design
: ideas?

--
Chris