Old 25-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Alan Gould

Default Soft fruit for two

In article oprq9t35x7wxhha1@localhost, Tim timnothy.cohsalpleangmer@a
pk.at writes
What's a sunberry ? I've never heard of them.

Another blackberry-raspberry cross. Shiny fruit, not the best tasting of
these hybrids.

Ah, so. I like the two fruits individually so much I don't think I'd like a
cross.

Sunberry may be what we know as worcesterberry. It grows as a small very
dark gooseberry - we are just beginning to pick our two bushes of it
this week. They are interesting enough as a novelty, but we prefer to
rely on straight gooseberries - and later on blackberries for reliable
annual supplies.

According to Joanna Readman in her 'Fruity Stories'; a jostaberry is a
cross between a blackcurrant and a gooseberry; and a worcesterberry is a
small, purple, very thorny gooseberry - I believe it to be a blackberry
cross with gooseberry.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.