Old 25-06-2003, 08:30 PM
Kay Easton

Default Soft fruit for two

In article , anton
writes

Alan Gould wrote in message ...

Sunberry may be what we know as worcesterberry.

No- sunberry is given as raspberry x blackberry in Hessayon's
'the Fruit Expert'. Worcesterberry is in the currant family.

I can also confirm, having seen both and grown one, that Worcesterberry
looks like a black gooseberry, whereas sunberry looks like an oversized
raspberry.

According to Joanna Readman in her 'Fruity Stories'; a jostaberry is a
cross between a blackcurrant and a gooseberry; and a worcesterberry is a
small, purple, very thorny gooseberry - I believe it to be a blackberry
cross with gooseberry.

I think you mean blackcurrant, in any case.

Anton is right

The blackberry is in the rose family and the gooseberry is in the
currant family.
There are very few hybrids between different genera and I can't offhand
think of any between different families.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: