Old 25-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Alexander Pensky

Default How Does A Lawn Become A Flower Bed?

Doug, your analogy is pointless, because (as David just tried to tell
you) the testing standards for medicinal drugs in the US are unique unto
themselves and require human clinical trials to evaluate their safety
and effectiveness. In no other circumstances are human tests either
required or permitted, *regardless* of the fact that the product in
question is designed to be, or may incidentally be, ingested by
humans. This includes not only garden chemicals, but also cosmetics,
and food and beverages. They must be demonstrated safe, but not by
testing them on humans.

- Alex

Doug Kanter wrote:

David, that was precisely my point. You know of no such experiments because
they don't exist. I assume you would not take a medicine that had been
tested only on animals, unless you were explicitely told the medicine was
experimental and that you were part of the experiment.

So, why use chemicals in your garden which have not been, and never will be
tested on the target population?
-Doug

"David J Bockman" wrote in message

To the best of my knowledge, scientific experiments using chemicals
against humans is not a traditional process of determining a
product's health hazard (unless of course it's the US Military).
Perhaps from wherever you're posting from it's allowed, but not in

the US.

Cheers,

Dave

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
net.net...

Which human population did the manufacturer use to test the "safety" of
Roundup? You know...the way drug manufacturers are required to test new
medicines on a certain number of humans.....