Old 25-06-2003, 08:56 PM
DavesVideo

Default Bee Nest in Garage

John W. Wells said:

My first encounter, 25 years ago,

with a carpenter bee scared the bejeezus out of me. Heard this
buzzing sound at the end of a pile of 4x4's, bent down to look closer
at the one with 3 neatly bored holes in the cut off end, when out he
came!

A few days ago, I was nailing some boards and heard this loud buzzing sound.
Figured I had trapped a bee and continued my work. The buzzing grew louder and
finally he shot out like a bullet, leaving that characteristic neat round hole
behind.

After last summer's plague of yellow jackets (stop calling 'em "bees"

willya, people!)

Amen to that, I would bet that 90% of the time when you hear *A bee stung me*,
the culprit was really a wasp or yellow jacket.

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave