Old 25-06-2003, 09:44 PM
*muffin*

Default OT Harry Potter OT

: )

MY son, after entering the air Force ( he turns lieutenant this week)
became very religious & belief in the Bible is paramount to him.
My father-in-law is a Methodist minister & he grew up around church,but in
his teens, was one of those indifferent kids.

I am pleased he has such *faith* , but its too much for me,, at one
point he said his son could NOT go out for trick-or-treat (arrghhh)
luckily he has changed his opinion back on that point. But he has very high
thoughts about sorcery( its against the bible)..
go fig........ he does go see the 'lord of the rings' movies,, guess that is
diff.......

other than that,,,,,,,,, he is a wonderful son & father!!
yup, different,, NOT bad...

Muffin off to see his graduation.......

"Nedra" wrote in message
thlink.net...
PlainBill, Just because a kid turns out "different" does NOT
mean he is bad. I have a son who is a perfect throw-back to
his maternal great-grandparent's ways of thinking. He is
now 50 years old - has a beautiful family... and a gorgeous
granddaughter baby. Dave is my rock.

You are throwing in the towel on kids who are different - not
Bad!!!!

Nedra

"PlainBill" wrote in message
Sometimes, in spite of a parent's best efforts, a child will go bad.
You have my sympathy. Perhaps your son will see thefolly of his
beliefs.

PlainBill

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:14:34 -0400, "*muffin*"
wrote:

ok, I'm fessing,,
I have NEVER read any of the books.

my grandson, though, has watched the DVD of the 1st Harry potter, here,

gazillion times,, ( I never got around to it!!)

one of these days,,,,,,,I'll read the books.

Muffin who's 30something son thinks Harry Potter is B*A*D for kids (
something about sorcery & against the bible....... **major sigh**)
"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, time to fess up.
How many rec.ponders are going to be reading
the Harry Potter fifth book today? (me!)
My 17-yr-old daughter is going to crawl into
the mailbox and wait for the postman to arrive.

k30a