Old 25-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Salty Thumb

Default How Does A Lawn Become A Flower Bed?

Alexander Pensky wrote in
:

I'm not disputing whether or not Roundup is safe or
desirable to use in one's garden.
(I don't use it, personally.)

My point is that, of all the nasty synthetic chemicals you and
I might be tempted to use anywhere in our homes or gardens, some
are more dangerous than others, but NOT A SINGLE ONE has been
tested on human beings, and NEVER WILL BE, because that is NOT
an "accepted scientific method" for product safety testing. It
is in fact an UNETHICAL and ILLEGAL method of testing.

hehe, that stuff is tested every time somebody uses it. It's just not
tested 'scientifically'. If it's not safe (in other words, the toxicity is
discovered to be greater than the "normal" "background" toxicity)
eventually, it'll be regulated (or not). Stuff like lead, mercury,
asbestos, etc were all considered 'not harmful', until someone pointed out
a connection with people going slow, nuts or emphysemic. Just think of it
as a long term test, laundered to avoid any silly complications with things
such as laws or morals. Seeing as the current testing alternatives are
objectionable to most people, what are you going to do but 1) suck it up or
2) not play the game?

- Salty