Old 26-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Alexander Pensky

Default How Does A Lawn Become A Flower Bed?

Suja wrote:
Alexander Pensky wrote:

I wish I had that much patience!

Aah, a limited budget and some really bad experience with the invasives
will do that to you. I can't afford to put the plants in the wrong spot
and have them die. Nor can I get plants that are sufficiently thug like
that they'll kill their neighbors for me.

I've never had one literally *die* because I put it in the wrong spot.
They just don't do as well as I'd like them to, or get crowded
by their neighbor, or something.

Sometimes when I buy a 3-pack of young perennials, if it's a plant
I've never grown before, I don't know which spot in my yard best
matches the conditions the plant likes, so I will plant each of
the three in a slightly different setting and compare their
progress. If there is a big difference, the next year I move the
worst two next to where the best one is growing.

- Alex