Old 26-06-2003, 05:56 AM
JennyC

Default planting suggestions......

"Mike Lyle" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
I have a laurel hedge along my driveway and would like to plant
something in front of it to liven it up a bit in the summer.

There's
about a foot of soil between the drive and the hedge and is can

get
very dry.
Any suggestions please ?
Jenny

How about good old Nasturtiums (tropaeolum)?

Briliant - why didn't I think of that !

If you want something perennial, I wonder if a row of little pinks

Too small - theres is a drop of about 18" at the side of the parking
space and they'd get 'lost'

There are good cranesbills such as Geranium endressei

Ah ha - another possibility

"Snow-in-summer" (cerastium tomentosum):

That brought back fond memories - we had it at home in the rockery for
years when I was a kid :~))

Thanks Mike :~)
Jenny