Old 26-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Mike Lyle

Default Getting Olive Stones to Germinate

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...
"AndWhyNot" wrote in message
s.com...
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:57:20 +0100, Thes
wrote:

AndWhyNot wrote:
On 25 Jun 2003 06:49:59 -0700, (Mike Lyle)
wrote:

(Ewald Schroder) wrote in message

. com...

Has anyone out there ever managed to get the stones from pickled
olives to sprout? [...]
I think they heat-treat the olives for commercial sale. But one of the
British gardening gurus, Geoffrey Smith, says the stones from tinned
peaches will often germinate, so maybe olives will too: they certainly
seem tough enough!

How you gonna get a whole peach in yer martini glass ??

Your martini glasses are too small, methinks.

Ah Ha! I wondered why my martinis had no effect ........ maybe I
should mix them in my 2 gallon watering can, after washing out the
liquid manure .........

well leaving a wee drop in could prove interesting

I thought it was an Old-fashioned if there was a peach in it.
"Barkeep! Two old-fashioneds, hold the garbage!" We're all obviously
stoned; I hope that doesn't give anybody the pip.

Mike.