Old 26-06-2003, 11:44 AM
AWM

Default Coriander

"AndWhyNot" wrote in message
s.com...
I have been trying to grow some Coriender for a while now without much
success ............. mainly because it goes to seed as quickly as it
grows .......... I then discovered that I needed a 'for leaf' variety
such as Centrillo (or a something similar name)

These seeds seem like rocking horse manure, and our local garden
center look all glassy eyed when I mention 'leaf variety' but sure
enough produced a packet with ' CORIANDER FOR LEAF' stamped all over
the packet .................. these went to seed even quicker than the
others !!!

Sowed some abut 4 weeks back in a mixture sand and grow bag compost no
problems nice wide leaves, variety grown for seed has quite narrow leaves
from experience I know it also grows fine in heavy clay soil

Seed I used is "Suttons" "Herb" "Corriander" easy to get sold by my
local Safeway The packet clearly shows broad leafed corriander which is what
came up.