Old 26-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Bart Bailey

Default Coriander

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:58:42 GMT, AndWhyNot
wrote:

I have been trying to grow some Coriender for a while now without much
success ............. mainly because it goes to seed as quickly as it
grows .......... I then discovered that I needed a 'for leaf' variety
such as Centrillo (or a something similar name)

Would that be Cilantro?
One of the mainstays of Mexican cooking, and for the people that grow it
around here, it's usually in a nondescript shaded sided of the house
plot. I don't think they fertilize it at all. It's used so regularly
that it doesn't have much chance to go to seed, well maybe they leave a
few sprigs for that, I never inquired about the technique. Since it's a
variety of zanahoria (carrot), maybe you could put it in with them.

Bart