Old 26-06-2003, 01:21 PM
Ute Bohnsack

Default Career to facilitate homesteading

Hi,
are you bilingual? (FR/EN)
I make most of my bread and butter doing technical translations. It has
taken a good few years to build up and I do other things too (some
consultancy and teaching) but most of my work I can do from home on the
computer with the internet as my reference library. Most of my clients
are abroad and hardly any I've ever met face-to-face. Everything is done
by e-mail.
Similarly, internet-related stuff such as website-design, ebay trading
etc. can be done from home (provided you have a connection of course).

Just some ideas.

Cheers,
Ute (a German in Ireland)

Rottcod wrote:

I'm a 21 yr old living in Toronto, Canada. It's my goal to acquire an
isolated homestead far from the city ASAP.

In the meantime, I need to choose a profession which could be
practiced in farms and small towns. I abandoned by longtime plan of
majoring in english , and am thinking of a "heavy equipment
mechanic" programme. I'm told this includes farming and logging
machinery.
I need suggestions from those who live my dream.

(I can't afford an expensive programme which takes years of study like
veterinary medicine)