Old 26-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Pam

Default los angeles nurseries

Max wrote:

Allan wrote:
My parents will be visiting from New Zealand next month. They are gardening
fanatics and have owned a nursery. I'm sure there are some very
cool/huge/funky nurseries in the area. Where are they?

Try asking this question in the California forum at:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/calif/
I think you'll get a better response.

My suggestions would include Rogers Gardens, Descanso Gardens
and Huntington Library.

http://www.rogersgardens.com/
http://www.descanso.com/index.cfm
http://www.huntington.org/BotanicalD...nicalHome.html

Those are all great suggestions. I'd add the Getty Museum Gardens to the list as
well. Forget Monrovia - it is a wholesale grower and there is nothing to look at
unless you like endless rows of the same kind of plants. Besides, their growing
fields are scattered al over SoCal and not very convenient to LA.

pam - gardengal