Old 26-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Vox Humana

Default What's eating my hostas

"seepnezorf1" wrote in message
newsGqKa.19059$XG4.15149@rwcrnsc53...
I live in Mass...zone 6 and for the past few years we've had about 24

hostas
by a stream. However this year something is doing a number on the leaves
and in some cases eating them right down to the ground. We do have deer
roaming the yard in the winter, but I haven't seen them since early

Spring.
What enjoys eating hostas and what can I do to get rid of them?

I seldom see deer, but I see evidence of their presence. The deer in my
area only come close to the house very late at night. I woke up last year
about 2 AM to see one looking in the window! There is a product that you
can spray on your hostas that MIGHT help. It is a bitter tasting liquid in
a latex base. The latex keep it from washing away quickly.
http://www.hybridpoplars.com/thisone.htm I haven't used it, but the
gardening guy on the radio recommends it.