Old 26-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Killing grass under my apple trees

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:23:46 -0400, WCD
wrote:

Pat Meadows wrote:

Why? If it ain't broke....

The main reason is I'm taking out the grass everywhere else back there
and turning the whole "back 40" into a wildflower meadow. I have way too
much grass to mow and otherwise worry about. I'd rather spend my time
putzing around in the garden.

Excellent reason! Wildflower meadows are lovely...There's a
meadow across the road from us, about (guesstimate) 30 or so
acres. It's cut once a year - it would turn into forest
otherwise. It's very lovely, all year long. I'm sure it
will eventually be sold as building lots, but I hope not for
a long time.

The only area I'm not sure about is directly under the trees.

I'm not sure either.

Also, I can't get the tractor under there to mow without risking taking
my head off in the process, or at least putting out an eye.

Right. I know this can be a problem.

Pat