Old 05-03-2003, 11:03 PM
LeighMo

Default Plants with holes in leaves - nutrient deficiency ?

Only as sure as you can ever be. Never seen it doing anything that
looked like eating plants. It tends to be fairly active, even in the
day, but always seems to be more interested in algae or dead leaves
(which pleases me).

Is there a possibility that the leaves with holes in them are dead or dying?

And do the holes appear in new or old leaves, or both?

If it is the fish or snail, any idea what I can do about it ? The fish
get fed plenty, although I don't tend to put vegetables in the tank
much. Have done once or twice, but they never seemed *that*interested in
them.

If something's eating your plants, putting veggies in the tank will probably
help. A A slice of cucumber, zucchini (courgette, I think you call it over
there), or apple. Frozen peas (peel the skin off first). A leaf of romaine
lettuce. Canned green beans (low salt, if possible). I would expect your
snail, at least, to be interested in these foods.

Leigh