Old 26-06-2003, 02:56 PM
Greg S. Ragsdale

Default Cub Cadet push mower reliability?

I'm looking to purchase a new push (walk-behind) mower and I'm
thinking about the Cub Cadet SR or SRC 621. I have always had great
results w/ Cub Cadet tractors, but I've never used the walk-behinds.
How reliable over time is the kawasaki engine? Are these good mowers,
or should I be looking at something else. Currently I have a Toro
that I hate because it's not powerful enough for my thick lawn. So
I'm donating it to a friend who just bought her first house.

Any comments on the Cub Cadets? Does anyone have the model w/ the
front caster wheels? Are those better/worse than normal fixed-mount
wheels?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Greg