Old 26-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Doug Kanter

Default How Does A Lawn Become A Flower Bed?

"Alexander Pensky" wrote in message
I'm not disputing whether or not Roundup is safe or
desirable to use in one's garden.
(I don't use it, personally.)

My point is that, of all the nasty synthetic chemicals you and
I might be tempted to use anywhere in our homes or gardens, some
are more dangerous than others, but NOT A SINGLE ONE has been
tested on human beings, and NEVER WILL BE, because that is NOT
an "accepted scientific method" for product safety testing. It
is in fact an UNETHICAL and ILLEGAL method of testing.

So, if you ever plan to use any product, whether Roundup or
anything else, you're just gonna have to trust the animal tests.

- Alex

Exactly. And, I hate to be blunt, but only a complete idiot would use such
products anyplace humans (and especially children) might come into contact
with the soil, grass, etc. With kids, that means "anyplace on the property".