Old 26-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Default I have Angered the Pond Gods

I got a bird bath right by the pond and keep it freshly filled. Birds are
always in their bath. The pond is netted so they can't get there, although a
friend of mine netted hers and always gets birds caught in it. She won't buy
a dern birdbath. I guess I'm go have to buy one for her and take over there
just so she don't kill anymore birds in her net.
Priss

"K30a" wrote in message

It seems like some birds get in to drink or bathe in a spot that isn't as
shallow as they though it was, they get their wings too wet to be able to

get
out again. Bullfrogs will also strike at a bird, try and eat it but fail

and
leave the bird in the water.
And finally, this happened the other day, while DH and I were pond

sitting. All
of a sudden a 'hunk' of bird fell out of the sky and into the pond! I went

get the net and the fish beat me too it. (shudder). We figure a hawk lost

part
of his meal in flight.

Heal up fast, BV!

k30a