Old 26-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Andyd

Default scorpion control?

One other note on scorpions and other critters.

We had a significant problem with scorpions and other pests
(especially those giant cockroaches). Much of the problem was
eliminated when I ripped down the English Ivy that the previous owners
had all over one side of the house. Apparently plants up against the
house (especially vines like English Ivy) are like insect and/or
arachnid highways, or so I was told. Taking these down certainly
helped us out. Our problem went from probably 2-4 scorpions a week to
1-2 per month or less. We especially noticed a decrease in those
cockroaches that my wife hates.

But pulling that stuff down was a chore. It kept coming back, all
told it took about 2 years to finally kill it off. It was ruining the
wood shingles and other stuff too, so it was time for it to go anyway.

andyd

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:28:01 -0500, Ruth Shear
wrote:

G'day

I'm generally of the school of live and let live, but when I rolled my
19 month old over on the bed yesterday and saw a tiny (1/2 inch)
scorpion scuttle out of a fold of the bedsheet, I found my limit!

My first inclination was to call a pest control company (well chemfree
who I've heard are a bit more careful about what they spray around), but
does any one have any other suggestions that are less extreme?

DrRuth