Old 06-02-2003, 10:45 PM
simy1

Default North side of house - insane plants?

"Cereoid+10" wrote in message y.com...
No surprise there, Face.

Both are weedy trash plants anyway.

Since when? rugosa is edible - that alone makes it non-trashy in my
eyes. And forsythia makes the very first flowers around here, and is a
breeze to propagate by cutting (just push a stick of forsythia in the
ground in october, and it will put leaves in March). And they are both
relatively carefree.

You might want to replace them with more deserving plants that are better
behaved and more aesthetically pleasing.

rosemarie face wrote in message
I'm in z5 and have two Forsythias and a Rose rugosa growing on the north
side of my house. They're growning like crazy.
Rosie z5 Indiana

rugosa will die in full shade. Even in part shade it will suffer. It
needs full sun. Forsythia does a lot better in part shade.