Old 26-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Chris

Default Stihl FS400 strimmer

"AndWhyNot" wrote in message
s.com...
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:33:53 +0100, "Chris"
wrote:

Hi all,

Just bought a secondhand FS400, it seems to have a slight leak from one

of
the fuel pipes, the short crinkley one, on top of the fuel tank, it seems

have been stretched a bit to the point where the rubber seal end of the

pipe
is slightly above the tank.
Of course I am only guessing here but I suspect it may have been

shortened,
as its very taut, by a diy repair merchant.
Is this a common fault, is it really worth bothering about, if it is a
serious fault, where can I get a new tank.

Thanks.

Slightly off on a tangent but ........... I have a petrol driven
strimmer McCulloch MX310 that I am ALWAYS CONSTANTLY have to stop to
'adjust' the cutter feed ............ this replaced an electric thing
that was the same ........... 'Just gently tap on the ground, and the
self adjusting / self monitoring / fully automatic / fully patented /
foolproof mechanism will ensure trouble free adjustment....... rubbish

Lasted about 20 mins on both items (bought new) if it worked at all on
the petrol jobbie.

Now the bloke with the council strimmer goes on ALL DAY without EVER
looking at his nylon cable, for months on end .......... where can I
get one ???? (a strimmer like his I mean and not the council bloke)

What about 'brush cutters' are they any better?? 1/3 acre of wild at
the sides garden (all open crop fields)

Taa

Just be thankful it was not the space shuttle, I recommend Stihl as my
little pup is now up and running trouble free after a little TLC.