Old 26-06-2003, 06:44 PM
thoranw

Default What's eating my hostas

It could be a groundhog. One year after he had finished with the violets,
he discovered the ambrosia of hostas. He nibbled right down to the ground.
Haven't seen him this year- I think somebody got him! (loud cheering) I'm in
northern mass in a riverside neighborhood- we don't have a deer problem.
Just groundhogs.

Sonya
"seepnezorf1" wrote in message
newsGqKa.19059$XG4.15149@rwcrnsc53...
I live in Mass...zone 6 and for the past few years we've had about 24

hostas
by a stream. However this year something is doing a number on the leaves
and in some cases eating them right down to the ground. We do have deer
roaming the yard in the winter, but I haven't seen them since early

Spring.
What enjoys eating hostas and what can I do to get rid of them?