Old 26-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Pam

Default Basil flowering

In our last fun filled episode, Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:04:49 -0600,
John DeBoo proclaimed:

Pat Meadows wrote:
Pam wrote:

Pam, who had her first basil and tomato sandwich of the season
yesterday evening.

Isn't anything much better than that, is there?

Not much.

We've got
the basil but not the tomatoes yet...only little ones on the
miniature Red Robin plants.

Well, I do have a little head start on you for planting, even
in cold, wet springs like this one.

Hmmm, the sandwich sounds MOST interesting. I *LOVE* mater
sammiches with mayo - now I'll just have to add a few leaves of
basil too. But like you, my maters are still greensigh.

Oh, tomatoes are just made to go with fresh basil! I've been
getting some cherry tomatoes, so I slice them in half, mix them
with the fresh basil, some garlic, green onions, give it a dash
of oil and vinegar, and crumble a bit of blue cheese on top.

Pam, yummy!

"ElissaAnn"