Old 26-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Pam

Default Earwigs in the Basil

In our last fun filled episode, Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:36:51 -0400,
Pat Meadows proclaimed:

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:34:27 -0700, "Bill Litchfield"
wrote:

Earwigs have been chewing the living hell out of my Basil plants. They do
this at night, and I'm asleep while they're chomping. What can be done to
stop their nasty feeding? I garden Organically, so chemical pesticides are
out. Anybody??

I like floating row cover a whole lot. Solves an awful lot
of insect problems.

But..but..but...how does a floating row cover stop an insect
that creeps out from under mulch, boards, and garden debris?

Pam, and what about the hostile sub-terrestrials?

---
"Oh no, not again."
- A bowl of petunias on its way to certain death