Old 26-06-2003, 07:32 PM
martin

Default Stihl FS400 strimmer

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:37:17 GMT, AndWhyNot
wrote:

On 26 Jun 2003 17:57:26 GMT, (DaveDay34) wrote:

Now the bloke with the council strimmer goes on ALL DAY without EVER
looking at his nylon cable, for months on end .......... where can I
get one ???? (a strimmer like his I mean and not the council bloke)

What about 'brush cutters' are they any better?? 1/3 acre of wild at
the sides garden (all open crop fields)

Taa

The make most contractors go for is a Robin. Despite the naff name, it's a
very good, reasonably weighted tool with the ability to be used as a strimmer
(with a good weight of strimmer cord that won't be breaking every few seconds)
or as a brush-cutter. It's about £250 new, but well worth the investment if
you have a large area to look after and need something 'man' enough to do the
job. Just one thing, I'd recommend getting a hard hat with visor. Dogs mess,
stones, and even bits of shredded weeds get thrown up into your eyes/face and
can be very nasty in many and varied ways. Well worth getting and not due to
VAT as it's considered safety equipment.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Hmm that sound good Dave ......... any idea where I could get some
more info on Robin (has it got 3 wheels ???)

Get a Delboy special from Peckham Market

--
martin