Old 06-03-2003, 12:39 AM
LeighMo

Default Plants with holes in leaves - nutrient deficiency ?

I get damage that sounds very much like that, including the breaking vals.
I've been attributing it to softened water/calcium deficiency and two poorly
trained pl*cos.

I get damage like that, too, and it's definitely my darling, evil clown
loaches.

I did wonder about calcium, but his tank has been set up for a long time, and
he never had a problem before. I would expect a calcium deficiency to show up
sooner. He swtiched from Tetra, which doesn't have calcium, to PMDD, which
does, so if anything, his calcium levels should be better now, not worse.

Leigh