Old 26-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default what to do with dead animals in pond?

Lydia wrote:
My DH and I want to have a small pond in our backyard one day and this is
such an excellent group! I have no experience [yet] to ever help others
with their questions here, but may I ask... I see a lot of posts about
animals that commit suicide in ponds. What do you do with them when you
find them? How do you dispose of them?

We have wetlands directly behind our house and farm land in front of it with
the rest of a new housing community to the sides. I've seen many, many
wonderful birds fliting around out there and hopefully they'll begin using
the new birdbath we just got for them. We have lots of bunnies scampering
around. And the chorus of frogs at night is so nice. Just the other day we
had a weasel stroll through our backyard! I'm sure there's plenty of other
critters out there.

Thanks,
Lydia

Hi Lydia,

It is a rare occasion that we find anything dead in the
pond. When something is found it is removed and buried.

--
Bonnie
NJ