Old 26-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Frogleg

Default Is my sunflower dead?!?

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:22:40 -0400, Callen Molenda
wrote:

Oh, good. It has been way too wet and rainy for seeds here - all my
father's literally rotted in the ground - and I really did want some
sunflowers. I'm in Central VA and this time last week it was 60 degrees
with torrential downpours. Today we're supposed to hit 100. Sigh. So,
you think I can put the sunflower seeds in the ground this weekend and
have some sprouts before too long?

In SE VA there's a long enough growing season to start over at least
once and sometimes twice. Sunflowers are quick to germinate. Go for
it!