Old 26-06-2003, 11:08 PM

Default Mangetout peas

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:35:58 +0100, Paul Taylor
wrote:

I am currently harvesting mangetout peas. I have successionally sown so
as to get an supply of fresh peas over an extended period. I plan to sow
again in a few weeks time.

My question is would it be possible to save some of the peas that I'm
harvesting now for sowing in a few weeks time? If so, do I need to do
anything to the peas?

You will need to leave them to mature - mangetout are normally
harvested at a very immature stage and will fatten up like normal peas
if you leave them unpicked. I haven't done this deliberately myself
(there's always a few that you miss) but I would expect that you would
have to wait until the pods start to dry and open on the plant.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk