Old 27-06-2003, 12:20 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default salt

On 26 Jun 2003 11:26:20 -0500, "Lee Brouillet" wrote:

I guess it becomes a matter of whether or not ALL the fish are sick, or if
it's just one (or a few). Salt is a *bear* to get back out of the pond -
many, many water changes.

Yeah, but, people should be doing frequent partial water changes anyway,
right? ;o)

If the salt doesn't do what's expected, and you
have to try other meds, anything that's formalin based will become lethal to
the fish if the salt level is much above .05% (absolutely no more than
.08%).

If that were the case, I'd have dead fish, because I know I've used
formalin with salt at .15% with no problems. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a