Old 27-06-2003, 01:20 AM
V_coerulea

Default help with tomatoes

You don't say where you live, but if the temps are cool, the fruit won't
set. If the temps are 90+ the pollen may be damaged or killed and again no
fruit set. Insects can be a problem, but probably not here if you've got
other tomatoes that are setting. Extreme nutrition imbalance such as high N,
low P,K no calcium can all have a profound effect. I'd say one of these is
most likely your problem unless there's something else you're not telling
us.

"John DeBoo" wrote in message
Kathleenabuck wrote:
any help would be appreciated. we have great cherry tomato plants

growing -
almost 5 feet tall. but the flowers are just dying with no tomatoes
sprouting. anyone know why? they are in buckets on our porch

thanks

Just a guess on my part but it sounds lik elack of pollination.
Maybe a q-tip and gently poking into each one???