Old 27-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Default Does five gallon container contain five gallons?

Repeating Decimal wrote:
The five gallon containers for plants always seemed small to me. Today I got
to measure one of them. When I calculated the volume, it was 3.4 gallons not
five. Am I missing something? Is there a arcane standard for this?

Bill

That's about right. A gallon pot normally holds about 3/4 gallon. Don't
try to make sense of it.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"We recognize, however dimly, that greater efficiency, ease, and
security may come at a substantial price in freedom, that law and order
can be a doublethink version of oppression, that individual liberties
surrendered for whatever good reason are freedom lost."
Walter Cronkite, in the preface to the 1984 edition of 1984