Old 27-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Sue Alexandre

Default Scarecrow

I received my motion-activated scarecrow yesterday and got to go out and set
it up and play with it today . . . it is AWESOME!! I am very impressed
with the design and the quality, and the thing really works well! Well, I
don't know about working on predators yet, but it sure did get me soaked
quite a few times tonight, and my husband, too! We're not used to having
it around yet and got caught by it many times.... too funny! The only
two things I need to buy now are some sort of water pressure reducer.... our
pressure is at 120 and they don't recommend using it with pressure over 80,
and a "Y" with a short piece of hose. I can see that it will be a pain in
the butt to keep disconnecting the hose to use around the pond and garden
and then connecting it back up to the scarecrow when it's time to go in.
Anyway, if anyone has ever hesitated getting one, do yourself a favor and
indulge, it's really neat. I'm going to try and make sure the neighborhood
kids don't hear about it, though, or they will be over "playing" with it all
the time. Those are actually the predators I would LOVE to deter, but
water ain't gonna do it.
Sue