Old 27-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Powdery mildew on oak(Quercus robur)

Looks like I have a case of mildew on an English oak. This is
the first
time I've seen this. It started as small yellow dots on the

leaves of a
branch in the apex, now those leaves are covered in yellow and
distorted. Now other leaves are showing yellow dots.

Powdery mildew isn't yellow, and I have NEVER heard of it on an
oak! Tho the page you supplied says it does infect oaks -- in
Europe, at least -- it also doesn't indicate that it's yellow.
Powdery mildew is a gray "dust" on leaves, and that's what the
picture seems to show.

The page also suggests some fungicides, but if you have lime
sulfur on hand, it should do the trick (IF it is powdery
mildew!!!!!).

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Who has
several crape myrtles with PM (in the yard -- and they're about
to get cut down!)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++