Old 27-06-2003, 03:08 AM
~* Windsong *~

Default Color me DISCOURAGED! Bonnie - Stabbing fish?????

In the last chapter: Szpond picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
::: Our nets are above the water by
::: about 18".
::
:: Carol,
:: I've done as you suggested and bought a net. We are lost as how
:: to put it over the pond/waterfall and not hurt the plants.

** We bought that cheap metal garden fencing at Wal-Mart that is about 18"
tall. We cut a long strip of the net and made the bottom part. It looked
almost like a rabbit fence. Then we pulled the net itself over this - which
left a good space between the water surface and the net. We re-net in early
spring before the plants make much growth. To save your fish just gently
lay the net over plants and all, peg it down in some way until the fall when
you can do it right. Make sure the bottom of the net is covered in soil to
keep the snakes and frogs out.

How do
:: you have yours suspended? Please give me as much detail as
:: possible as I am a little simple when it comes to figuring out
:: this stuff. P.S. Scared our heron off twice already this morning
:: (man he is HUGE, looks you eye-to-eye). Thanks, Cathy

** See above. We first make the bottom part,.... burying the net a few
inches in the soil. We wrap it around the garden fence and fasten with
small bits of green baggy type wire-ties. This makes a kind of "surround"
open at the top. Then the net is laid over that and fastened with wood
clothes pins that are barely noticeable. These nets need no support because
they're so fine and lightweight. Just pull snugly and use the clothespins
to keep it snug. Make sure the top net is at least 6" longer to pull over
the cheapo wire garden fence. I need to take a picture of how this
looks......
--
Carol.......
"Beat the 5 o'clock rush - leave work at noon."