Old 27-06-2003, 04:08 AM
PlainBill

Default OT Harry Potter OT

I beg to disagree. I challenge anyone to READ any of the Harry Potter
books and point out any passages that are anti-religion OR promote
disrespect for competent authority.

If a 30 year old believes the books are anti-religious, and a bad
influence on children, he has either not read them (the usual cause),
or is so rigidly locked into his religion that he feels anything that
does not pay homage to God is bad. In either case, he fits MY
definition of 'BAD'.

Note that I do not criticize anyone who has read (or tried to read)
the books and put them down because they found them uninteresting, nor
anyone who has not even bothered to try to read them, and has no
opinion on them. Tastes vary, and to each his own.

PlainBill

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:47:03 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

PlainBill, Just because a kid turns out "different" does NOT
mean he is bad. I have a son who is a perfect throw-back to
his maternal great-grandparent's ways of thinking. He is
now 50 years old - has a beautiful family... and a gorgeous
granddaughter baby. Dave is my rock.

You are throwing in the towel on kids who are different - not
Bad!!!!

Nedra