Old 27-06-2003, 04:20 AM
SugarChile

Default Cub Cadet push mower reliability?

Just one person's experience, but I've had a Cub Cadet mulching push mower
for 8 or 9 years now, and have never had a problem with it. It gets used
about 50 minutes, once or twice a week, March through October, more or less.
I take it in each year to be serviced (oil changed, blade sharpened, etc.)
and the mechanic always comments that it's in good shape and should last me
for years to come. I've got a teenager conscripted to do the mowing, so the
grass sometimes get a little longer than it should before being cut, but the
mower goes through it just fine.

Mine has regular wheels, so I can't comment on the others.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Greg S. Ragsdale" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking to purchase a new push (walk-behind) mower and I'm
thinking about the Cub Cadet SR or SRC 621. I have always had great
results w/ Cub Cadet tractors, but I've never used the walk-behinds.
How reliable over time is the kawasaki engine? Are these good mowers,
or should I be looking at something else. Currently I have a Toro
that I hate because it's not powerful enough for my thick lawn. So
I'm donating it to a friend who just bought her first house.

Any comments on the Cub Cadets? Does anyone have the model w/ the
front caster wheels? Are those better/worse than normal fixed-mount
wheels?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Greg