Old 27-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Tim

Default Composting Tea Bags

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:31:28 +0100, andrewpreece
wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
newsprrc6gxqhwxhha1@localhost...
Isn't it illegal ( EU directive ) to have a compost heap within 270

feet
(?)
of a domestic dwelling, so if you have one at all you're probably a
criminal, never mind what you put on it.....
It is also illegal ( EU directive ) to burn wood on other than the
ground it was grown on. I expect you'll all be turning yourselves in

the police bright and early tomorrow - if you come clean they might go
easy on you!!!

I found this on Google, unfortunaltely it's just gossip, as there are no
links or hint at an actual reference.
Tim.

That's a bit thick, isn't it? Are you saying that unless I provide cast
iron
documentary evidence with every comment I make it is automatically
invalid?

No, my apologies. See below.

I confess my comments were not the result of personally digging
through the Big Book of Stupid EU Directives ( inc. the ones on bent
cucumbers and bananas ),

That'd be a full-time job. It must be a pretty big book by now.

but they were based on articles in a respected*
newspaper and I reckon that's good enough for a light-hearted comment
in uk.rec.gardening.

Absolutely.

I now await the EU Directive banning people on usenet from making
comments without providing extensive supporting evidence.

* Though I'm guessing it's not the one you take!

What are you trying to say here ? Come on, out with it. :-)

Andy ;-)

Andy, I should have posted as link to another article, and it was that to
which I was refering, but somehow I forgot to include the link. My mistake.
I wasn't actually commenting on your post.
No, I don't expect cast-iron documentary evidence at all in a discussion,
btw. But I would expect some sort of reference from a halfway decent site
that writes articles like that. Hence my comment on it being non-
followupable. Tim.