Old 27-06-2003, 08:32 AM
gregpresley

Default Gardenia as cut flower?

Actually, many people find the scent of gardenia blossoms in an enclosed
space quite overpowering - some to the point of becoming nauseated. Maybe
open a window nearest the plant, put a fan on low to draw in the air and
enjoy the scent that way. The same is true for some kinds of lilies - so
much so that most hospitals now ban them. Of course, I realize that if you
are in the south, drawing in fresh sticky warm swamp air to replace your
nice expensive air-conditioned air at this time of year is not a pleasant
thought - but if you delay opening the window until long after sunset, it
may not be too bad......
"Frogleg" wrote in message
The Bush is in bloom. When I opened the back door yesterday evening,
the perfume was there. *So* disappointing to have all this glory
outdoors and no way (in my experience) to bring a few blooms indoors.