Old 27-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Earwigs in the Basil

Try Diatomaceous Earth. It dehydrates crawling insects, as well as slugs.
It is organic. Once a bug steps in it, they pretty much have a 48 hr.
lifespan. You can find the powder in Lowes or Home Depot and other garden
centers. This is NOT the same as what people use in swimming pools. I
usually buy the yellow bag made my Concern. Read the label and it will tell
you what pests it kills and what it's made of.

I know that earwigs is one that it lists. Good luck.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Bill Litchfield" wrote in message
Earwigs have been chewing the living hell out of my Basil plants. They do
this at night, and I'm asleep while they're chomping. What can be done to
stop their nasty feeding? I garden Organically, so chemical pesticides are
out. Anybody??

Thanks,
Bill