Old 27-06-2003, 01:56 PM

Default Partial Deadhead?

I don't mean that I like just some of their music, I've a question
about deadheading plants.

I'd like my Gaillardias to spread, and I hear that I shouldn't
deadhead a plant if I want it to reseed.

What happens if I just deadhead some of the blooms on a plant, but not
all of them. Will it rebloom, or since some of the faded blooms are
still there, will it just create seeds and not rebloom?

How about If I deadhead all blooms, and the plant reblooms, and then I
don't deadhead the second bloom, will the plant then set seeds? So
even if I deadhead, I should be able to get some seeds. Is that
right, or is the plant spent in reblooming?

Will my Gaillardia rebloom even if I don't deadhead? I've heard that
they bloom all season long.

Swyck