Old 27-06-2003, 01:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Rain water collector

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
snip
Personally I think you're out of luck John, being in DC I suspect (correct
me if I'm wrong) that your rain is quite acidic and it will forever

cause
your roof to toss of Copper. ~ jan

snip

Now ~jan...that wasn't a dig on DC was it? Livin in MD, I would have to

say,
"Them's fightin' words..."

BV.
disclaimerPurely in Jest/disclaimer

No, I'm just assumming again, gets me in trouble all the time. (

I'm assuming all the East Coast has problems with Acid rain due to how
their electrical power is produce. I should have waited on Ingrid to
answer. ;o) ~ jan

snip
I think it because the air currents travel from West to East
and picks up polution along the way. Not because of how we
produce our electricity, but that does help in some cases,
but remember we too use nuclear energy (TMI).

snip

There have been some interesting studies done (I have no sources on hand, I
just remember reading about them) about the flow of pollution from the
central parts of the US. It seems a large part of the pollution in the NE
drifts in from middle eastern part of the US. Although we do have our share
to be sure. We definitely need more nuke plants.

BV.