Old 27-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Scopata Fuori

Default Tiny Bugs that look like snowy fuzz?

These things are clustered on the stems of my roses below blooms and
buds, and they are all over my old gardenia, same position. When I
touch them, they fly or jump away--otherwise I would think they were
fuzzy fungus or something.

Sounds like whiteflies. They are tiny, almost like a bit of lint, and fly
off en masse when disturbed. I squish them like aphids.

So far, no need to spray insecticides, and am expecting the Japanese Beetle
invasion any day now. I did set down some Milky Spore, and maybe the bt will
have an effect too, perhaps? I take a daily walk through the rose beds, and
squish any colonies of sphids I might find, and sprinkle a bit of Sevin dust
as needed, and I figure that'll deter the whiteflies as well.

Scopata Fuori

"Bad Cat!"