Old 27-06-2003, 03:44 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Bio-balls vrs Springflo vrs Bio-fill

"John Hines" wrote in message
PlainBill wrote:

I'm finding the media (floor scrubber pads) in my new filter isn't
working nearly as well as I hoped. Looking over the various types of
media, I've identified three products that seem to have the
characteristics I would like, and the costs seem to be roughly the
same. In each case, it would appear that it will cost $50-60 for
enough to give me sufficient surface area. (I don't have the tools to
make the PVC ribbon myself, or that would be the media of choice).

Look in the Yellow (business) pages, under packaging distributors, and
see if you can find a distributor of plastic banding. It is very common,
used by lots of companies, available everywhere.

Get roll or two of what ever size you want.

I don't have a bio-filter per se, as I am using a VF, but I plan to add one
eventually. I have started saving the straps from boxes of paper from
Staples, 6 pack rings, the locking rings from milk containers, etc. I
figure, when I am ready to build the bio filter, I'll have plenty of media
ready.

BV.