Old 27-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default If you could only plant three rose bushes...

wrote:
Thank you all so much for your input. One unexpected side effect is
that i told my wife I was seeking the advice on the internet and one
person thought it "cruel" to limit me to three. Wife relented. YE
HA! I think I can squeeze in up to ten now.

Ten is even tough. *smile*

In all fairness, I have also had a large quantity of Citrus planted in
the back yard as well as a huge lawn. I have been allowed almost
everything I want back there as well as a tremendous built in BBQ with
bar seating for ten.

SInce I just got the s.o. to relent on the only thing that the s.o. ever
vetoed - my garden pond - I'm really glad the s.o. just doesn't mind
what I do to what lawn there is left. *grin* I must also add that as
soon as the s.o. relented (while in London) that pond was started. IT
was done before I made the airport run... *evil grin*

My wife is unhappy with the placement of her Avocado tree and the fact
that I prefer NOT to have an Ficus Benjamina leave the pots for more
permanent homes in my lawn.

Can't blame you on not wanting ficus benjamina in the yard. Like I
said, this just makes me really happy that there's only one gardener in
our house.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu