Old 27-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Ali

Default Filter FAQ?

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
.. .
There's no way to filter nitrate unless you have the water go through a
wetland first. The anerobic bacteria in the wetland will remove the

nitrate.
You could build one by digging a hole 18 inches deep. Line the bottom with

return pipe and 6" of gravel. On the top place 12 inches of organics
(topsoil). Pump the water ontop of the dirt and as it flows down through

the
soil it'll be stripped of O2 and the anerobic bacteria will convert the
nitrate. To keep a constant supply of organics plant cattails.

Sorry yes my mistake with the nitrate. Any ideas where I can read up on this
please.

Thanks