Old 27-06-2003, 05:32 PM
B.Server

Default Gophers! Aargh!

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:54:01 GMT, "Catbird"
wrote:

B.Server wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Can't recall ever seeing a gopher in or around Austin (Texas). So
give us a hint, where is the new place? My working guess is that
either you are posting to a newsgroup full of people who do not have
your problem and are not an ideal source of information or they are
not gopher holes. Either way, more data would help.

Texas has at least 5 kinds of pocket gophers. Sorry, can't help you with
getting rid of them though.

http://www.nsrl.ttu.edu/tmot1/geompers.htm

http://www.nsrl.ttu.edu/tmot1/geomburs.htm

According to the map it looks as though Travis Co. is on the edge of
their range. Coupled with the explanaation that they like sandy soil,
it probably explains why we do not see them very often in and around
Austin.