Old 06-03-2003, 04:51 AM
Vickie Andersen

Default Climbing Roses

HI I am new to this group. Would someone please give me advise on how
to trim a climbing rose, or do they need triming?? I know you can
train them onto a fence or trellis, but do you actually cut them?
Also, last year I had trouble keeping my Tea roses blooming. I have 21
of them, and all of them did not bloom well the whole year. I tried
the Alfalfa pellets, but that did not seem to work. And my flowers did
not have any scent or if they did it was very faint. Is this a
fertilizer problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Vickie
PS not to make anyone feel bad, but I am in sunny,northern California
just south of Redding.